Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Colour and clear droplets in challenging times

©2020 Barry Smith - One of G's orchids in the orchid house
I got my morning walk in today; though I did get rained upon. I knew it was a bit suspect when looking over the valley it was grey and full of cloud.

©2020 Barry Smith  - Dark and threatening early morning in the valley
Still there is much beauty to behold. My eye was of course drawn to droplets.

©2020 Barry Smith  - Droplet on orchid
©2020 Barry Smith  - Droplet on a cluster of yet unfurled micro orchids
©2020 Barry Smith  - Droplet and micro web on crucifix orchid leaf
But also the beauty of blossoms.

©2020 Barry Smith  - Strong variegated colours of another of G's orchids
©2020 Barry Smith  - Wild rocket blossom - bees love it
©2020 Barry Smith  - Delicate new camellia
©2020 Barry Smith  - A bouquet of white crucifix orchids unfurling
And how about the rich growth in the autumn veggie garden.

©2020 Barry Smith  - The autumn veggies are looking good - we have even been able to harvest some of the small leaves of the rocket and spinach - tomatoes are self seeding again!!!!


4 comments:

  1. rocket and tomatoes ... yum!

    and I looked closely to see if I could see your reflection in any of the droplets, without success, although I did spot a lovely fence and a world turned upside down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi P and LA - thanks for faithfully checking out the blog and for your comments. LA - good that I had my face out of frame - but you are right these tiny droplets are so clear they can reflect the surroundings. Go well and stay well. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. always love the view of your valley

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.