Friday, March 27, 2020

Hold fast to hope

©2020 Barry Smith - Hold fast to hope - peace and the beauty of one of our roses
I have been in the letterpress studio. as you can see. I used time to sort and number some collagraph prints from an early series called Urban Elements. I hope to get these mounted and maybe framed in the future.

Having got that task sorted and because the background collagraph prints to my A3 poster were not dry I decided to print a post card. Given the current times I thought a message of hope was appropriate to send out into the ether. Hope is so important at the moment. And whilst it is not a strategy without it what does the future look like.

I printed 20 in all - two were really just proofs. A few process photos follow.

©2020 Barry Smith - Type locked up in the chase and proofed with duplicating paper
©2020 Barry Smith - Post cards in the drying rack
©2020 Barry Smith - Couple of rough proofs to double check registration
There are 18 to send.

©2020 Barry Smith - Hope and peace 
©2020 Barry Smith - Eighteen cards for the ether
©2020 Barry Smith

If you want one let me know and I'll post it to you 

2 comments:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.