Sunday, March 7, 2021

For our time and other fragments

 


On Saturday I did some printing whilst at DEP. I was moved to print some micro posters (post card size) on how some folk can manipulate the situation to discredit those who who want to have a fair and balanced hearing.  I printed in rubine  to represent the rage against such manipulation and misuse of power. I printed on different papers - but loved the symbolism of the one above the rubine on black - raging against the darkness.





I printed on the micro poster on the gallery press - I was able to leave Fiona's not just a daughter type set up - I thought it was fitting that these two posters were set out on the same press.


I also did the second printing on an A5 poster on the climate crisis. I have a third printing of text to go yet on this poster.


The 11cm cement cube was released from its form.

I put in time to rivet the leaf forms to the stems on Sunday. The leaf forms on stems will be sold at Deckled Edge Press open studio Saturday 13 March - set of 3 and a set of 7 - as shown in the photos below.


Progressing a number of quite different pieces. 

4 comments:

  1. (((Barry))) you are such an inspiration, namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. very much liking the positive vibe in "be the change"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your prints today! So true, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MC, LA and T - can't believe I have neglected to say thanks to you all - sorry for tardy response. All - we took a heap of these prints to Melbourne when we went down for work last week - just trying to get a few messages out into the world, conversations and maybe actions. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.