Friday, March 5, 2021

Scatty bits

 

I have not had as much time as I would like in the workshop today. I had a couple of community related responsibilities  - but given they relate to environmental and social issues they warranted the time.

I did progress the stems for some bending leaves on stems - photo above and below.

I continued a repair task on a fractured crystal box for a friend. I'm replacing the chipped off bits with a white polymer material - the product starts with white and green but after a minute of kneading it turns white. The material can be sanded into shape once it has dried.


I continued pouring cement forms. Fiona was a bit keen on an ampersand and other punctuation bits - they came out of the moulds well.

Fiona and I poured a 11cm cube some time back with a peace dove set in it -  but the silicone mould bulged in various directions so I made a timber frame to hold it in shape. It will be interesting to see how it turns out this time.



The bench top has quite a few bits I have formed - I now need to continue the process of sanding off rough edges.

I got quite a bit done; but as I said a bit scatty.

3 comments:

  1. the box form looks like a great innovation ... I especially liked the cubes with inset rusty bits, so 'twill surely be well worth the time and effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. always love seeing your work in process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LA and MC - wasn't that just one scattered post - works in progress indeed. The cubes look grand - will make a statement in the garden or at the front door. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.