Sunday, April 24, 2022

A little stone carving

 

Whilst over here Fiona and I have done quite a few walks on rocky coves and shores; and that has usually resulted in picking up the odd intriguing stone. I wanted to do some stone carving during our stay but time is running out and there are a few more maintenance tasks to do. So I have taken a bit of a shortcut by borrowing a battery operated side grinder fitted with a diamond disk. 

I have tested it out by cutting some grooves into various rocks - ranging in size from 30mm to 150mm. Photo of some stones selected for a test run is below.

I found that some stones responded better than others. The ones in the opening photo have a finer texture and cut better. Few more photos below.







A stone with copper wire surround - Fiona wants it as a drop on a extractor fan cord.

I cut the grooves freehand - in the main holding the stones in my gloved hand.



1 comment:

  1. okay, I'm upping my comments from "amazing" to "wow!"

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.