Monday, April 4, 2022

Almost done

 

7

I almost managed to finish The Cove Post today. It all took a bit longer as I have very few tools over here. But as you can see from the photo above and those below it is coming along well - with much appreciated design input from Fiona. I didn’t finish it as the day turned very cold and the shed has no insulation or heating.






I have yet to add more rust embellishments. I also have to put a footing on the post to enable it to be stood firmly in the ground. The wood and rust attached to the pallet post core all came from our gathering at The Cove.

3 comments:

  1. truly it is an ode to ingenuity ... of making do with what one has at hand ... and a joy to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It speaks so beautifully of its place and the Cover Post it shall be! Really lovely watching it grow from bits on a rocky beach to beautiful art for the garden…

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.