Sunday, March 17, 2024

A few more completed

 

My goal is to complete I watercolour per week - but over the last couple of weeks I have managed to do two each week. Either the subject matter was simple or maybe I'm getting better. 

Above you can see a completed water colour of an uninhabited stone cottage at Talmine Beach Scotland. Below are the original photos of a couple of the subjects with backgrounds removed.


Following are the other three completed water colours. The Old Armadale Bus Stop was photographed on a very misty day so I put a wash of grey over the watercolour to create a misty look.



And then the four images of the watercolours with background removed so they can be printed onto cards. Removing the watercolour background takes away the paper colour and texture allowing for a clearer image to be printed.  However, at times it also takes away some of the detail such as the tree behind the old barn




Not all the watercolours will become cards - for now I'm picking and choosing. Big thanks to Fiona for printing the cards. I'm happy where I'm going with this new medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.