Sunday, March 24, 2024

Another couple emerge

I have managed to finish a couple more wee watercolours. The one above that I call Spirit of the Fishers Past; and I had another go at painting the Fishing Huts at Armadale Cove - below.

A few process photos follow including drying a salt encrusted sail under Megan's heat lamp. Yep - tried a new technique that was very applicable to the fishing-boat painting I was doing.



As you can see from the photo below the salt produced some interesting texture.

Photo of the two paintings that have had the paper texture background removed in preparation for printing - if we go that way.


I have to have a think about the subject matter for my next works - something a bit more out of my comfort zone!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Delicate and Delightful Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both! The texture on the sail is fab!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.