Fiona and I discovered a bad smell in my garage-studio. We tracked the smell down to mould that was growing on the wall and books that had become wet. So this meant shifting a few biggish bits of equipment and a heap of metal and timber away from the wall. The problem seems to be caused by a blocked air conditioner drain pipe that is built into the wall. The problem provided the opportunity not only to clean the wall and dry the floor covering; but also to sort the metal and timber and to build a book wall from the books that had become wet.
As you can see from the photo below the books have created a new feature on one of the shady terraces below the house. We ended up doing a host of other sorting clean and fixing tasks but they are way too boring.
|©2017 Barry Smith - Book wall - love the red contrast|
|©2017 Barry Smith - Red section of the small book wall with mini-agapanthus that will gradually grow over the books - books are held in place by the gravel and the occasional iron rod hammered into the ground through the spine of the books|
|©2017 Barry Smith - Ring with inlaid copper and watch cog - bit hard to see the copper as it was hard to photograph the ring because of light reflections. The width of the silver-plated brass tubing is about 6mm|
|©2017 Barry Smith - About 26 ends of silver-plated teaspoons|
|©2017 Barry Smith - Odds and ends that could become pendants. Spoons with leftover resin from the ring experiment|
|©2017 Barry Smith - Teaspoon ends drilled with 1mm bit|
|©2017 Barry Smith - Odds and ends drilled with 1mm or 1.5mm bits|