Friday, May 31, 2019

A gathering of compassion books

©2019 Barry Smith - Pages of the unbound book "Compassion is ..."
I have completed my 6 artists' book for the Compassion Artists' Book Exhibition. One of my six books, "Kindness, care and hope", is a collaborative piece with Fiona.

Though I have blogged on them in dribs and drabs I was taking some final photos before doing my exhibition paperwork so I thought I'd do a post on them together. So what follows is simply two or three photos of each.

©2019 Barry Smith - The unbound book is very shiny and therefore reflects the timber and glass in the studio
©2019 Barry Smith - An unbound metal book
©2019 Barry Smith - The scroll case and scroll holding weight of "A measure of a society"
©2019 Barry Smith - Scroll of "A measure of a society"
©2019 Barry Smith - The scroll holder of "A measure of a society" - clock weight
©2019 Barry Smith - Looking down on "Giving and gathering"
©2019 Barry Smith - Scroll housed away in its case - "Giving and gathering"
©2019 Barry Smith - "Giving and gathering"
©2019 Barry Smith - Small copper book - "Generous in love"
©2019 Barry Smith - Looking into the pages of "Generous in love"
©2019 Barry Smith - Looking down on "Generous in love"
©2019 Barry Smith - Looking down on the 21 books of the "Precious Library of peace"
©2019 Barry Smith - "Precious Library of peace"
©2019 Barry Smith - "Kindness, care and hope" the trio of sculptural books
I also managed to sort my product for the exhibition. So once the paperwork is done I'm ready to deliver.

2 comments:

  1. Wow (((Barry))) these are all such brilliant books & photographs, just had a look at the offerings on the Compassion Artist's Books Exhibition link, a fabulous gathering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MC - thanks for your comment and support - as you say I think the Compassion Exhibition will be a great gathering. Go well. B

      Delete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.