Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Building a new home and orchids

 

I some way these photos of a cheeky magpie reflect Fiona and my current state. The magpie was borrowing coir from under the walkway to build it's new nest. Fiona and I are packing up to make the move into a smaller home in Maleny.





This magpie spends a lot of time around our block. I was pleased it felt comfortable enough to get a big beak full of coir before heading of to line it's nest.

Following are a few orchids grown by Graham  in his orchid house.





Today has been momentous day moving my metal studio-workshop to a new location.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, moving, I loved your house but things happen. A lovely surprise arrived in the mail today. Thank you. Oh and those orchids make me green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. may you be safe and well as you go ... and may you find much joy in your new home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the view from your beautiful mountain top home and fabulous garden up there, good luck with the move & look forward to seeing your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wonderful pictures Barry! Have fun with the new abode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is awful and it seems like you and Fiona have been doing a lot of it lately, what with your new studio and all. I am certainly going to miss the photos of your spectacular view. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.