Sunday, August 2, 2020

Layout and colour

©2020 Barry Smith - Mixing a peaceful blue
Inspired by a sticker we were give I decided to see if I could do a letterpress layout using the words: "learn peace, teach peace"

The layout I was able to lock up in the chase was as follows.

©2020 Barry Smith - Learn peace - teach peace locked up in the chase
I did a proof in red ink but we decided it was too aggressive and shouty - so I mixed the blue at the start of this blog - after all the colour for international peace and  peace personnel is light blue.

©2020 Barry Smith - Shouty red
©2020 Barry Smith - Peaceful blue
So I printed 20 post cards.

©2020 Barry Smith - Some of the postcards
And then had a bit of a play with colours when I was cleaning up; over prints.

©2020 Barry Smith - Fun with the clean up and overprint
©2020 Barry Smith - Printing left right and centre without re-inking
An enjoyable way to get the peace message out there in another small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.