Sunday, August 30, 2020

For the times

 


I have printed a few postcards and a small poster using some words from John O'Donohue's blessing For one who  is exhausted. I had to work within the constraints of the metal type we have so I changed the word watch in the blessing to observe because I did not have another c. And I made the title of the poster WEARY to fit the times - we might not be exhausted but many can feel weary and worn.

I locked up and printed the 3 postcards and then unlocked them and created the poster lock up - lots of furniture, quoins etc on the setting surface.




I was pleased with the outcome of the posters - and edition of 20. Fiona encouraged me to print on two different light grey 300gsm papers to reflect the strength and calmness of stone. The brackets around John O'Donohue's name indicates that I have amended one of the words in his blessing.




May John O'Donohue's words encourage us to be gentle with ourselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.