Sunday, February 14, 2021

A mixed bag

 

There are different ways to describe the diverse material in this blog but a mixed bag seems to cover it. Above - fire colour on a larger copper leaf.

The photos below show an anvil that came into my possession a few weeks ago - part purchased and part gifted - an anvil used by a deceased fellow artist - grand that his legacy can live on a bit in its use.

I was commissioned to make three stamped larger (19cm long) patinated copper leaves for three couples to celebrate a significant wedding anniversary.

Whilst I was doing the commission I decided to start making 24 other leaves that will form some sets of three and seven leaves on stalks for the open studio on 13 March.


These melted metal hearts were delivered to Maleny Additions in time for Valentines Day - maybe too late to see but....

I have started the process of creating a letterpress piece I have planned to do for the last two year - print a limited edition of a prose-poem I have written myself (with editorial assistance from Fiona) - but more on that next week.

Always a bit strange to look back over the incidental bits from a busy art week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.