Friday, February 26, 2021

Third in the series

 

I have printed the third poster in my patriarchy series. I have been given some suggestions for wording by folk who read the blog and fellow artists. The third in the series is one of the suggestions.

I some instances I will also print some tea towels - quite novel and a challenge to print the tea towels on the proofing press using wood type and letterpress ink. The ink takes a very long time to dry. The photo above is a last poster I pulled off the press after finishing the tea towel run - I love how the texture of the cotto-linen is seen in the print - one of my favourite posters!!!

Posters spread out on the work table with Fiona's 'Not just a daughter' poster; and the textured poster.


Printing tea towels



Tea towels in the sun in an attempt to hasten the drying process.

Another photo of that texture from the cotton-linen weave.



4 comments:

  1. There is always something new to find in your blog posts. I suppose tea towels are printed on, having just embroidered an old one I can see how useful they are as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always something new to find in your blog posts. I suppose tea towels are printed on, having just embroidered an old one I can see how useful they are as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LA & P - thanks for your comments. LA - good to test some words with fellow artists. P - tea towels have been good message carriers for a very long time. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.