Friday, February 12, 2021

Small post sculptures

 

I committed myself to finishing the three small posts that make up a garden sculpture. As you can see from the photo above I achieved my goal - yippee.

During the week I had sanded and oiled the posts (rough sawn 100mm square hardwood). The height of the posts are: 650m, 700mm and 800mm - a bit of difference to give the trio a little movement so to speak.

Before attaching the etched plates they needed to be polished with a steel wire wheel. Each post has 5 etched 2mm thick aluminium plates - the top plate is  9cmX9cm and four side plates are 9cmX20cm. The plates are attached to the timber with copper nails.


A few photos of the finished posts in a couple of different settings.



This trio of posts will be part of our open studio on 13 March.

2 comments:

  1. it's amazing to me that you work at such different scales ... from fine small jewelry to massive sculptural forms ... and with such a wide range of materials

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these post sculptures work so well, perfect for a garden setting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.