Sunday, February 7, 2021

First two in the patriarchy series

 

I continue to be appalled by the fact that we are now in the 21st century and patriarchy is still so solidly entrenched.  I have decided to do a series of posters that will 'explore' some different takes on why patriarchy remains an entrenched system that so strongly discriminates again women - and now, in this modern era, is also discriminating against so other genders.

The picture above shows the second in the series but printed on a tea towel - very fitting given the subject matter - women's place is in the kitchen as we know!!! Hanging on the hand rail at Deckled Edge Press studio-gallery

The first in the series is in fact below - patriarchy is not going to suddenly dismantle itself -it serves males very well thank you -it will need the influence of all of us to be dismantled.



I wonder why males work so hard to retain patriarchal systems and processes - I just wonder if deep down they are afraid of other genders who are their equal - maybe they are fearful and too weak to handle equality.



Over the next few weeks I will be printing more in the series - using the same two sets of wood type, two colours, A3 landscape and probably an edition of 5 each. I will print tea towels for the first poster in the series as well.

2 comments:

  1. (((Barry))) all my life I have never been able to understand why this is still happening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply brilliant ... to which I would add: real men don't need patriarchy (and happy to say I am acquainted with a goodly number of real men)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.