Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Timber cube

The piece for the next COMA exhibition at Maleny Artworks in December is now underway. But of course the first thing was to get the timber cube ready.

As you can see from the photo it is not small. The end result reminded me a bit of the scene from the old Crocodile Dundee movie where he says something like “you call that a knife – this is what I call a knife” as he produces a huge knife. I feel compared to my earlier 150mm cubes this one measuring 350mm is “what I call a cube”. It has real presence and great colour; and it is heavy!!!



As you can see from my rough sketch I intend to shape it to the contours of my map grid and overlay parts with various recycled and patinas metal. So we will see how it goes over the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.