Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brass letters

Today I spent my time tied to the computer until mid afternoon - artists really can't give up their day job!!! However I fitted in a couple of hours to do P and Q for the A Letter a Week 2010 creativity challenge; and to grind all the sharp edges off the rusted pieces I have created for the Lucas Parklands exhibition.

This will be a quick post just to share the brass letters. Because P and Q have curves they are beaten and stamped etc. rather than foldformed.


P has been created using an engraving tool; whereas the Q has been stamped and punched on the front and punched and beaten from the back. I like how I 'furred' the P out and left the contrasting original metal colour behind. The punching from the back of the Q has resulted in a fish scaled look - interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.