Friday, April 2, 2010

Tea pot for fundraising morning tea

Fellow artist Kim Schoenberger has invited a bunch of us to develop art works on the theme of tea for the Cancer Council's Australian Biggest Morning Tea. This event is to raise funds for cancer research and support etc.

All the pieces of art donated will be auctioned to raise funds. The auction is going to take place at Main Street Gallery in Montville. The art pieces will be exhibited for a week or so before the auction.
I have decided to do one of my small skinny tea pots along the line of my spikey skinny tea pot. Though this one will not have the spikes etc.


As you can see from the photos of progress so far the tea pot has a slightly sacred, temple ceremony look about it. Maybe you could suggest a name for it???
I started the assemblage and grinding of it today as part of my Friday art hit. I hope to finish it this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barry

    I LOVE this - might have to bid for it myself!

    F

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.