Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A few prints

I did a list of things to do before heading overseas for a holiday at the end of November - maybe I should not have done that as it was a fairly extensive list - well it is a great motivator. It made me get stuck into printing for the Maleny Printmakers exhibition on 8-10 November.

I have made my 10 plates but now it is time to do my editioning - 10-12 copies (prints) of 10 prints.

I have started a series called Urban Elements - rusted metal and peeling layers of paint - I like where that series is going.

©2013 Barry Smith - Detail of Urban Elements 1
©2013 Barry Smith - Edition of Urban Elements 1
©2013 Barry Smith - Urban Elements 2
©2013 Barry Smith - Edition of Urban Elements 2
I have printed a couple of the aluminium plates that I did as part of the copper sulphate etching day.

©2013 Barry Smith - Moonset on a grey morning
©2013 Barry Smith - Daisies
©2013 Barry Smith - Edition of Daisies
©2013 Barry Smith - Edition of Moonset on a grey morning
And I printed my lino cut bowl that I did when we were on Heron Island.

©2013 Barry Smith - Bowl
Including a lino cut of a boat, I have now done 6 of my 10 editions - so feeling pretty happy about that given I have about 4 weeks to go.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely work, Barry! The first and the last image are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, but the urban elements are whispering to me. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing Barry
    each one is a joy to see
    you have SO many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Robyn, first and last are my favorites. I've been wishing for an etching press of late...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the strong structural look of the Urban Elements prints Barry, and the colour, which is unusual from someone like me who usually goes for B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, who'd've thunk it? Barry, you are a multi-talented, multi-tasking SNAG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. R, J, TL, VA, HM & JM - thanks for your supportive comments - it says to me that I might sell a couple at the exhibition - all prints $25 will also help. R - quite different pieces but the tones etc seem to suit them. J - as a fellow 'rust luster' I can imagine Urban Elements whispering to you. TL & JM - not sure it is one of my talents but always pleased when they work out. VA - the press does make a different so I can imagine the wish. HM - thanks - glad you got the structural look and that it appealed. All go well. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, beautiful prints, I love those compositions, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, first and last my favourites, too. The colours of Urban Elements are stunning. You're going great guns, B, looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.