Friday, July 11, 2014

Inspiration and adventure

I think these words Fiona and I picked to start our day were well reflected in this Friday. I had intended to do work on my Daily Word sets (bowls and words) and Flags for Peace prayer wheel - some of that happened.

But what really happened was: I got sidetracked finishing a Steampunk business card holder thingy; the owner of the spiral and pearl earrings and bracelet dropped in to pick them up; and we spent a frantic two hours work with artist friends making 20 environmental nesting-resting boxes for bats, feather tailed gliders and possums that our friends will at an environment display-talk tomorrow. So that is quite a bit of inspiration and adventure for this Friday.

©2014 - Pipe work - Steampunk business card holder
The Peace Prayer Wheel will be completed tomorrow. I thought I would share a few photos of the Steampunk business card holder.

The 'holder' is made up of two pieces: the base (wood, brass found objects, old ceramic fuses); and the card holder (scrap copper pipe, pipe sections from two spirit stoves, and other found objects including clock parts).

©2014 Barry Smith - Steampunk business card holder
©2014 Barry Smith - Steampunk business card holder
The base - a bit like a Steampunk recharging unit.

©2014 Barry Smith - Base of Steampunk business card holder
The holder - a bit like a steam charged energy rod - it has its own brass feet.

©2014 Barry Smith - Holder of the Steampunk business card holder
And I needed to share a couple of photos of the box making courtesy of Fiona who put her head up long enough to take a couple of photos on her iPhone - thanks.

©2014 Fiona Dempster - Yep that is the wood - just get on with it
©2014 Barry Smith - Feather tail glider boxes
©2014 Fiona Dempster - Tiny bat boxes
And as is the customer in out home - it is time for a glass of wine to celebrate our Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Just when I think you couldn't get more into your days, you prove me wrong. The card holder is great. The little nesting boxes are inspired. What a lovely and community minded occupation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little nesting boxes .... if I was a wee bird I would feel very snug inside. As a mere mortal, I just think they look gorgeous from the outside and would like a stack around my garden!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.