Friday, July 29, 2016

New beginnings

In earlier blog posts I have indicated that some of my work is being include in a new gallery-shop. In fact it is the Design Studio in the Old Butter Factory (shop 6/38 Williams St.) Dayboro - see Entangle Living Art FB here

The Design Studio Dayboro
There is to be an official opening on Saturday 6 August that includes meeting the makers (5-7.30pm).  I delivered a batch of Artisan Lamps about a month ago. Some have sold so I have arranged with the Design Studio owners Nola and David, of Entangle - Living Art, to deliver another batch.

©2016 Barry Smith - Artisan Lamps polished and ready for packing
I'm also going to deliver some watch parts jewellery - pendants and brooches mainly. I have polished and packed the bits and have made my sales lists.

©2016 Barry Smith - Artisan Lamps list 
©2016 Barry Smith - Knives and jewellery list
It is amazing how much time can go into the administrative side of our art if we are inclined to sell. Anyway the task is done and Fiona and I can now settle into Friday evening - that could include bubbles or a red - the decision is yet to be made.

6 comments:

  1. what a good administrator you are. i hate the admin part, always have, and am only marginally better than i used to be at it. i love your price list/work sheet. and the new space has some crazy interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the glimpses of your lamps among their display. hope these sell well, too, and perhaps even more connections.
    But I know that really you want to visit the man nearby with all the wonderful 'junk' - no - pre-patinated parts!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Your creative sense is graceful.
    The best compliment.

    Thanks for always visiting.
    Greetings from Japan. ruma

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new gallery looks great! I hope they do brilliantly, and of course, that your treasures just sail out the doors. As they will...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Barry...looks like a great place for your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi V, S, Ruma, C & JM - thanks for your comments - good to maintain contact with fellow blog community folk. V - I think most artists dislike the admin; and yes some interesting stuff. S - I did get to visit the junk man and purchased some bits. Roma - thank you - I hope to visit Tatebayashi later this year for art purposes. JM - thanks. All - go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.