Wednesday, November 2, 2016

On the block and in the town

I have not had the time to do my morning walks this week - few too many other early morning demands. But it does mean there a a few images of life on the block by me; and a couple of bits of spring colour in town by Fiona.

A rich pot of patina caught my eye as I went about my tasks - this was copper sludge I poured into a brass pot months ago after we did the big book etch with copper sulphate. Leaves that have landed in the pot have gradually broken down.

©2016 Barry Smith - A pot of copper patina?
And a tiny tiny  green moth on the shed wall - got to love that.


An insect hitched a ride on a feather and bubbles on the surface of the water in the rusty fire pit.


This morning I was planting veggie seedlings bought yesterday but we ran out of daylight to plant them. The vegetable garden is going gangbusters - so much green stuff to eat.

©2016 Barry Smith - Tomato blossom
©2016 Barry Smith - Grape tomatoes
©2016 Barry Smith - Rocket blossom 
©2016 Barry Smith - Sage blossom

©2016 Barry Smith - An abundant spring veggie garden
Fiona took a couple of photos of the trees in the town against a very blue sky - airdropped them to me given I could not get to town today.

©2016 Fiona Dempster - Coral tree blossom with Christmas decorations
©2016 Fiona Dempster - Jacaranda 
And finally a sunset cloud display in the west.

©2016 Barry Smith - Love those moody blues
Spring means there is a lot going on on the block - but all contributing to the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.