Sunday, April 15, 2018

A little more on the lamps

©2018 Barry Smith - Simple wooden shoe form lamp with a stable brass heel section - I was going to put a light shade on but think  the clean lines as it is should work.
There was not a lot of art time over the weekend. Still I managed to do threading, grinding and polishing on three of the lamps.

See photos below of the lamp bits on the grinding-polishing workbench; and a before and after shot of one of the groups of bits.

©2018 Barry Smith - Lamp bits to be ground and polished
©2018 Barry Smith - One of the stashes of lamp bits before polishing
©2018 Barry Smith - One of the stashes of lamp bits before polishing
I have roughly assembled the three lamps including the one built around the shoe form at start od the blog and the other two below. .

©2018 Barry Smith - Gas welding lamp
©2018 Barry Smith - Still a bit of work to be done on this little lamp but I'm happy how it has come together
I need: more time, glue and cables to finish them off. All going well I might get back to them during next week.

4 comments:

  1. They make more sense when you see them put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love watching these come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the shoe lamp B. Has it a home yet .... if not, maybe it could find one here??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the shapes and colors of the pieces, but seeing them together is the most satisfying.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.