Sunday, April 11, 2021

Endings, beginnings and a pause

 

Fiona and I spent a productive day in DEP today - doing the labelling, packing and pricing of art works and product to go to the Editions Exhibition at the Nambour ambo gallery. 

All being well the couple of my small publications seen above will be in the exhibition shop as will be the Domestic Posters (aka tea towels) below.

My six pieces for the exhibition are framed, labelled and wrapped and ready for delivery.

I have been given quite a bit of silver-plated objects lately. Harder pieces to work with given they are not flat trays. 

So I decided to have a metal cutting day to get the pieces into some usable piles: bits for jewellery; bits for leaves; and actual silver bits from a silver candle stick for special jewellery pieces.



What do I mean by pause in the blog title? 

Tomorrow morning I'm to have a cataract operation on my one good eye. After the operation there is a two week period where I need to stay away from dust and strain - so no workshop work for at least a couple of weeks.

4 comments:

  1. good luck ... my cataract surgery was cause for great delight in the end, but I do wish they had given me lubricating drops to use for those first few days post-surgery

    may all go well

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Barry))) good luck with the cataract surgery, you will be amazed at how much better you will be able to see, the colours of the world are so much brighter & being able to read the number of the bus is fantastic, my eyes just keep getting better as the months go by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a quick recovery and hoping that your beautiful world is even brighter after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LA, MC and J - what can I say except sorry. Thank you all for your positive wishes at the time - worked out well. Cheers. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.