Friday, April 23, 2021

Not just about the making

 

Fiona and I have six works each in the Editions exhibitions in the Nambour Old Ambo gallery. We often say that the art work is not complete with the making. In the case of the exhibition as you can see from the above photo there are quite a few documents - tedious but all necessary.

I'm doing the planning for a commission for a three post 'sculptural' piece for a friends garden. The sketch below is the outcome of our initial discussion.


And I checked to see if I had the timber for the posts - all good on that score.

When I can get back into the workshop next week I will start making the concave leaf forms in the sketch below. I was given some metal to recycle into leaves; but it has too much nickel in it and so can't be folded hence the decision to make concave leaf forms.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.