Friday, April 9, 2021

Sculpture in the landscape?

 

Yesterday afternoon Fiona and I noticed what, from a distance, seemed to an art installation up under the magnificent big tree on the boundary of our 'village'. The view of the 'installation' as seen from our office window is below. At first we thought the chairs from a distance were chromed shopping trollies.

This morning I was determined to check it out the 'installation'.  As it turns out I think it is a set either for a wedding or a photo shoot created to promote weddings or ceremonies. But to me it really was an art installation in the landscape - sculpture in the landscape. I particularly loved the early morning light on and through the clear crystal like acrylic chairs.




A few more photos of the setting and the mown pathway to and from the installation.





Such a setting in the morning light was a delight - ephemeral and incidental art.

2 comments:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.