Friday, March 10, 2017

Assembling fish

©2017 Barry Smith - My homemade riveting tools were given a polish in readiness for the fish assembling
The title is right. Today I finished the components for the 10 Funky Fish assemblages I'm making. So I started the job of riveting the components together.

©2017 Barry Smith - Beautiful our copper rivets from Tatebayashi Japan
Each fish is made up of 6 components - all made from recycled metal from silver-plated trays; silver-plated coasters; and brass jardinieres.

©2017 Barry Smith - Flippers
©2017 Barry Smith - Fins under the tail
©2017 Barry Smith - Dorsal fins
©2017 Barry Smith - Tails
©2017 Barry Smith - Heads
©2017 Barry Smith - Bodies
I have managed to get 3 Funky Fish finished today.

©2017 Barry Smith - Cute baby fish - about 15-16cm long
©2017 Barry Smith - Larger chunky fish
©2017 Barry Smith - Skinny fish
©2017 Barry Smith - The beginning of a school of fish????
I'm hoping to get the rest completed over the weekend

3 comments:

  1. They are so unique....clever you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Interesting. Unique. Well done. Thank you for sharing - always inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JM & J - thanks for you visit and comment - it is always good to have the reactions of other creative spirits. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.