Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Transitional beauty

On this blog I periodically post on rust and the gradual transition of timber and books. A few days ago I was down the back cutting weeds. I noticed that the organ that sits between our mango trees has really started to breakdown in a beautiful way - a quiet transition. I thought I'd share a few photos.

©2015 Barry Smith -  Veneer peeling - lovely wave of wood
©2015 Barry Smith - Fungal discolouration
©2015 Barry Smith - Layers
©2015 Barry Smith - Leaves finding their way in
©2015 Barry Smith - A new home?
©2015 Barry Smith - Gradual transition

©2015 Barry Smith - Organ in the landscape
And of course on the block there is always rust to be appreciated. Recent rain has speed up the rusting process of a bunch of circular saw blades that I'm keeping to turn into a portal doorway.

©2015 Barry Smith - Just rusting quietly
©2015 Barry Smith - Unusual colours of rust
©2015 Barry Smith - Unusual colours of rust
Nature provides the beauty even as it works to return the timber and iron to the earth.

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of the organ aging in the garden. And rust is delicious ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SB - thanks for checking out the beauty of the organ and rust - rust lovers unite. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. The organ still looks regal as it sits quietly working away on its own destruction. Very beautiful. And the saw blades are scrumptious! Now I want a portal!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.