Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A few images from galleries

Whilst in Cardiff Fiona and I had the chance to visit the Wales National Museum and Gallery where they have one of the biggest collections of impressionist and post-impressionist art outside of France. This had come about through a bequest by two sisters. As usual while I was taken by the beauty of many pieces I was even more taken by details or fragments of the pieces which follow.







We also visited the Scottish National Modern Art Gallery - again some images.










I find some modern art does not appeal but works such as the fur coats that had been shaved to reveal the stitching and joins grabbed me - I think it was all the detail and the way the artist had deliberately worked with the garments to reveal underlying beauty given the controversy around fur coats.

4 comments:

  1. The shaved coats are intriguing. Smiling at the finger pointing at the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on things Barry, didn't realize they were fur coats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details from the paintings are magical, Barry. And then the modern art details are stunning. The shaved furs are extraordinary. Wonderful to see these things through your eyes, B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R, P & C - shame on me for leaving responses so long - still I'm getting back into the swing of things on the mountain. R - agree re the coats - I would never have thought of that. Regarding the flower - it was placed there by a person unknown but I thought it was very cute and apt. P & C - maybe I have a weird perspective but the ordinary made into the extraordinary does attract one. C - sometimes the detail could be the whole painting for me. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.