Sunday, November 6, 2011

Image catchers

Whilst I enjoy capturing and altering images with my iPhone I never count myself as a photographer - yep metal worker and sculptor but not a photographer in the league of many of the people I admire in our blog community.

Fiona and I have been fortunate to buy a couple of images captured by Suzi Smith of Lone Crow Photos.  I just loved Suzi's ability to capture the mystery of the flight of a crow and different moods of the moon. The photos arrived on Friday when we arrived home from Perth.

Barry Smith © Lone Crow Photos

Barry Smith © Lone Crow Photos
Of course in taking a couple of closeups of the photos for this post I ended up with what I think are a couple of fragments that add their own tones and mystery.





Other photographic artists I admire, to mention but a few, include:

  • Tammie  who does such excellent panoramic and macro shots; 
  • Gabrielle of Two Tigers Creations who capture the mood of the city and seasons; 
  • Leovi who creates such colours and abstracts; 
  • Elena who can make multiples and even unpeeling a garlic look magical; and 
  • Ruma who introduces us to the magic of the Japanese landscape and kanji script.

10 comments:

  1. thank you for the introduction to such talented people - who are able to so eloquently capture glimpses of the world in their own way...
    you had me at crows - am very intrigued by their symbolism... your new pieces are beautiful... off to look at some myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fascinating links Barry. The Lone Crow photos are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few new links for me to explore. Love the crow in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these, Barry. Love the photo of the crow and even more so your close up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos that you've acquired. I love the atmosphere of mystery in this nice backlight. Thank you very much for your recognition, it is my great honor. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos that you've acquired. I love the atmosphere of mystery in this nice backlight. Thank you very much for your recognition, it is my great honor. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crows! I LOVE Crows. There so mysterious - so black they are iridescent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MD, TL, R, S/R, L & SZQ - amazing how many of us like crows - in their own way not a great omen but such black beauty. S/R the close up was a bit spooky. Glad that you all liked Suzi's work and that of the other image artists. L - it is easy to give recognition to skilled people such as yourself. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that crow photograph, wonderful and so grand to see yours as well. I have always enjoyed seeing the world through your lens.

    You are so kind to share the links of photographers you enjoy. Thank you kindly for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh... thanks Barry, it is always a strange kind of thrill to read about myself... and i do love those fragments you caught!

    Thank you also for the introductions, i already "know" tammie & ruma, it is a pleasure to 'meet' leovi & elena.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.