Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A morning of mist, moon and magpies

I didn't mean to take the iPhone with me on my walk this morning but for some reason it called and I put it in my pocket. I set off just after 6am as Fiona was off to do circuits with her women's group - so it was just on sunrise in the mountains.

The sunrise as I walked Treehaven Way was soft as it filtered through the mist.

©2013 Barry Smith - Soft pastel sunrise through the mist
And it was the time the birds were waking and foraging.

©2013 Barry Smith - Magpies out and about early
©2013 Barry Smith - Magpies out and about early
©2013 Barry Smith - Magpies out and about early
The one below was sitting and singing on the wire - maybe on lookout; and as you can see the moon is still about two thirds and still high in the blue sky - bird and moon against the blue.

©2013 Barry Smith - Magpie on the wire
©2013 Barry Smith - Magpie & moon
The mist was hanging in the hollows and valley below.

©2013 Barry Smith - Misty hollow 
©2013 Barry Smith - Mist in the valley across the dairy
Dew still clung to the twigs of trees.

©2013 Barry Smith - Dew on twigs
Such a soft morning filled with the fresh breath of the day.

7 comments:

  1. ... a landscape painters dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inviting us along on this lovely walk. What an inspiringly beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely to take a walk with you ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi VA, AA, R & TL - thanks for joining me on my walk - I'm lucky to be living in such a beautiful spot. VA - I real;ly could imagine you creating that in water colour. AA - natural inspiration - good way to start the day? R - hoping that in the wilds you will have many starts to the day like mine. TL - I always enjoy going on your walks - so I'm glad you joined me on mine. Go del all. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are handsome, indeed! what a beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. V- I always enjoy your rambles in the countryside - good to share our locales. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.