Friday, November 6, 2015

Wedding cake knives

©2015 Barry Smith - Tips of wedding cake knives - recycled silver-plated copper tray
Quite some time ago I cut metal and made handles for 3 decorative silver plated wedding cake knives as I was commissioned to make one knife that was ordered through Maleny Additions.

©2015 Barry Smith - Silver plated wedding cake knife with riveted twisted heavy gauge copper wire
Well that one sold but I had not got around to completing the other two. Anyway I'm pleased that I made the completion of them a priority as the metal was sitting around on one of my garage-Studio tables. The main things needing to be done were drilling and riveting and final grind and polish.

Some photos of the completed pair follow.

©2015 Barry Smith - Silver plated wedding cake knives
©2015 Barry Smith - Silver plated wedding cake knife with 6 strands of riveted twisted  copper wire
©2015 Barry Smith - Handle detail of wedding cake knife 
©2015 Barry Smith - Silver plated wedding cake knife with riveted twisted heavy gauge brass wire 
©2015 Barry Smith - Handle detail of wedding cake knife 
©2015 Barry Smith - Just loved the detail of the recycled silver plated metal
It means I can now complete the Artisan Lamps. Friday night - ahhhh!!! - time to relax and have a glass of red.

6 comments:

  1. Incredibly beautiful.
    Wonderful craftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are possibly my favorite of all your amazing work. Fabulous! Exceptionally fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the ladles were my favourites but I think you have just changed my mind, Barry. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi R, AA & C - sorry for the delayed thank you for your visit and comments - just been a busy time and am now catching up. The knives are already on display in Maleny Additions - beautiful funky gift shop. R - thanks for your comment regarding craftsmanship. AA & C - always interesting what can touch each of us a bit more or differently. All go well and create with joy. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those knives are amazing. Rustic and elegant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi GS - thanks for your comment - shows even the recycled can be elegant and beautiful. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.