Sunday, January 3, 2021

Arm, wrist and ankle cuff bracelets

 

I have a request to make cuff bracelet to fit a female forearm and a another, pure copper for therapeutic purposes, to fit a male ankle. After taking measurements of the forearm and the ankle the rest of the brief was - we will leave it to you to decide on the design. That is always a bit of a nightmare - so my usual approach is to make more than one to give the customer choice.

In the end I decided to make two copper ankle cuff-bracelets; three forearm cuff bracelets; and because I was making the others I decided to make three wrist cuff bracelets. The finished wrist cuff bracelets are shown in the photo above.

A couple of process photos of the silver plated cuffs follow. I cut the metal from three different trays as you can see from the patterns in the rough forms below and in the finished photos. I love my new bracelet mandrel for forming the bracelets. I try to make the best use of the existing patterns on the trays I cut up.


The two pure copper cuffs follow - these are thinner across the cuff face given they are worn on the ankle. One is made from hammered and riveted plaited heavy gauge copper wire; and the other from riveted sheet copper.


Photos of the three forearm cuffs follow. These cuffs are wider across the cuff face - I used 50mm wide strips of metal.





And a final one of the wrist cuff bracelets. The strips of metal for these was about 40mm.

After the customers make their choice the rest of the cuffs will go into the Deckled Edge Press studio gallery shop.

5 comments:

  1. Wow (((Barry))) these are wild beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I were your customers I would want all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi P, MC, LA and J - thanks for visiting the blog and thanks for your valued comments. P - they turned out well. MC - I'm hoping the customer might think they are what she wants in her life. LA - I agree - daily choices!!!! J - thank you. All - may we create well in this year ahead. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.