Sunday, January 24, 2021

Not to everyone's taste

 

It amuses me that many of us tend to collect odd bits and pieces and say to ourselves that they will be good for something. As part of my approach to the new year I decided to look at small bits that I have been holding on to thinking they might be elements of something. In the end I decided to use them in making earrings with a difference.

As you will see from the photos I've used: cleaned vertebrae of a carpet python I found down the back of 601; small brass bits - I think from a chandelier; some primitive looking stylised tiny skulls made from bone - I don't know where they came from; and some silver beads - again not sure where they came from. Some crystals and bone beads added.

I think the pairs of earrings are unusual, unique; but not to everyone's taste. All the earrings have solid silver wires.









I have used up those pieces that have just been around. I think the contrasts between the bone, crystals and silver work reasonably well.

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of python vertibrae. Very different and fun to wear. The skulls are rather nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vertebrae have always fascinated me ... although I confess to a minor shudder as I wondered whether the "carpet python I found down the back of 601" was dead or alive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and, as always, fascinating and well made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi P, T, LA, MC & J - that heaps for visiting the blog - sorry for my tardy reply. P - I think the head of the python had been removed by some animal - would have been good to collect it. T&J - thanks. LA - the python was indeed dead - in fact the bones were clear of bodily material and skin. MC - they do look little on the voodoo side haha. All - stay well and go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.