Friday, October 30, 2009

More than beaten metal?

I made these three little beaten brass bowls as gifts with particular people in mind. I found it a bit interesting that in designing and executing each piece I reflected on an aspect of each person’s life and have built a thought or vibe into each bowl as part of the gift giving.



I wondered as I crafted each bowl whether we can imbue the metal with that thought or vibe and that it is somehow shared with the person when they handle or focus on the bowl. Hmm!! Maybe I should just get more rest.


Thought I'd share a bit of close up detail of a couple of the bowls.

1 comment:

  1. Barry these are beautiful and I am sure that some of your hopes and dreams and wishes go with them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.