Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lazy pumpkins - update

I threatened in an earlier blog that I would give a pumpkin update so here it is.
The good news is that there are still heaps of pumpkins developing. Fiona and I counted (yes I know quite tragic) over 40 pumpkins that have developed in this second wave; and we picked 6 ripe ones yesterday. And the vines are still growing and heading downhill through the coffee bushes.



Anyway I thought I would share a few photos about quirky things that are going on. The first photo is 'the hanging pumpkin' of the not so great wall of Maleny; the second is 'pumpkin at rest' - developed on top of one of the posts of the retaining wall; the third is the 'rocking pumpkin' - growing on the rocking chair sculpture at the shed; and the fourth is 'the twins'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.