Monday, August 16, 2010

Inspiration from nature

On Sunday Fiona and I visited a fellow artist and went for a walk along the stony creek that runs along the bottom of their land. There were so many lovely rock pools; and dappled light filtering through the trees and reflecting on the water surface.
I took a few photos for inspiration and will share a couple of these over a couple of posts. As you know leaf and bowl forms intrigue me and are a repeated theme in some aspects of my work particularly the beaten metal.
The photos below just show the elegance of a copper coloured leaf floating on a pool of black water; and the fungi cups are so like upright sacred bowls in the forest catching water and all sorts of other 'offerings'.


Whilst nature does it better is still encourages me to try to present this simple beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.