Sunday, May 18, 2014

Studio control

Much of my art time over the weekend was dedicated to art on the block or sorting my studio-garage space.  The art on the block included installing the organ into position between the mango trees (heavy work for Fiona and I but it looks good in place); and moving various pieces of sculpture into new positions so we can appreciate them - but I'll cover that another time.

I did get time to complete the Steampunk influenced pen-brush holder I started on Friday.

©2014 Barry Smith - Steampunk influenced pen-brush holder
©2014 Barry Smith - Steampunk influenced pen-brush holder
©2014 Barry Smith - Steampunk influenced pen-brush holder
As you can see the old blowtorch has polished up well and the two dividers ensure the pens are held in place. In the last photo you can see how the dividers are held by a bolt at the top and the resin at the bottom. The resin also protests the pens.

©2014 Barry Smith - Steampunk influenced pen-brush holder
And this is how the studio-garage looks when almost everything is up off the floor and into storage containers. I went from two sets of shelves to four and increased the number of draws by heaps.



It now means I will have a better chance of getting on with creating. Studio control is a good feeling. I can now walk around my table of goodies.

5 comments:

  1. I'm inspired! Not sure if it will make me actually reorganise my piles of stuff but I do love seeing how wonderful yours looks now. And the pen/brush holder is a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lordy, barry, that pen holder is some fun AND the studio looks great. your table looks like mine, except the stuff on yours is harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi C & V - thanks for checking out the reorganised space; and pen holder. I actually spent another 1.5 hours downstairs today after a day at the computer for work-work. I putting a bit of effort into dismantling old clocks and sorting the bits into bins ready for making. Lots of fabulous bits - as fellow artists I know you know what I'm on about - V as you say your place is much the same just a different medium. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice B! very nice indeed!! as much as i say that i like a messy workspace, but a clean workspace certainly gives me the ZING to start new projects :) Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L - I could not imagine your space being messy for long. Go well. B

      Delete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.