Wednesday, April 1, 2015

From the print table

Sometimes the by-products of artists can be so beautiful. Fiona and I were lucky to be given a personal tour of the Megalo Print Studio in Canberra by a generous printmaker (Georgina). The range and size of the printing equipment and space was mind boggling.

However, I was also taken by the layers of images that had been left on the huge (about 2m wide and 5-6m long screen printing table that was covered in canvas - often used for printing long lengths os fabric.  I asked permission to take a few photos of the layers of work - a small selection of the photos follow.

©2015 Barry Smith - From the Megalo print table - 1 
©2015 Barry Smith - From the Megalo print table - 2
©2015 Barry Smith - From the Megalo print table - 3
©2015 Barry Smith - From the Megalo print table - 4
©2015 Barry Smith - From the Megalo print table - 5
©2015 Barry Smith - From the Megalo print table - 6
©2015 Barry Smith - From the Megalo print table - 7
Personally I would like to buy the screen print table cover - to me it is a work of art in itself - with each artist adding a layer and telling a story - make a great piece for a very large wall.

4 comments:

  1. So...did you get to take one home with you? While they're all wonderful, the last 2 are my favorites. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry, just fabulous images, interweaving under and over. Pure magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, C & V - thanks for enjoying the table top with me - such fun to see what can be created as an aside. J - I did enquire but I just got an odd look - still I wonder what they do with them - I really should follow up. C - yes the layers make them special. V - and of course there was just so much more. All - go well,. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.