Sunday, August 27, 2017

An Artisan Lamp and a Couple of Light Catchers

©2017 Barry Smith - Simple stripped back Light Catcher - the brass and crystal do the talking
My goal for today was to complete at least one Artisan Lamp - which I did. But I remembered I needed to make a couple of interesting assemblage gifts for a couple of children. I decided to make them Light Catchers. So I did not get to work on any other lamps.

As one does I worked on the three assemblages concurrently. The pieces were all selected and adapted before heading over to the grinding-polishing area.

©2017 Barry Smith - Antique gas light decorative leaves and section of an old pendant lamp
©2017 Barry Smith - Solid fuel soldering iron bits and part of an old pendant lamp
©2017 Barry Smith - Multiple bits for the Artisan Lamp
The Artisan Lamp has turned out well - good balance of the bits. And as you can see from the photos it also works. The lamp looks great front on but I was running out of time to fuss with photographs.

©2017 Barry Smith
©2017 Barry Smith
The two Light Catchers share one element - the 'twirlie' bit which come from a old pendant lamp.

©2017 Barry Smith - Vintage chandelier crystals to catch the light - bit like a plant frond with crystals
©2017 Barry Smith - Crystal from a vintage chandelier - the last one of this shape and size - bought in a NYC market several years ago.
I feel satisfied with the creative outcome for the day.

2 comments:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.