Friday, September 29, 2017

Working with what you find

©2017 Barry Smith - Tiny hammered funnel shape on rust
I was not greatly motivated today to do creative work - there has been a lot on over the last little while; Fiona and I have both been a little ill; and it was extremely hot.

But a look around my metal hammering bench revealed a number of bits and pieces I had sweated off various objects. I kept them because I thought they would make interesting funnel shapes when hammered.

©2017 Barry Smith - Not pretty
©2017 Barry Smith - Not pretty but lots of potential
The metal, hammer and stake called me so  I decided to give them a go by working at the bench inside the garage-studio with the fan on. They hammered up well.

©2017 Barry Smith - Hammered shapes
The beauty however is drawn forth on the grinding polishing bench. Against the rust of the rust bench the true beauty of the shapes, silver-plate and the hammer marks show forth.

©2017 Barry Smith - The beauty of silver-plate on rust
©2017 Barry Smith - Beautiful collection
©2017 Barry Smith - Hammer marks
I think a cold glass of something white is required tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.