Friday, November 17, 2017

A small collection

Fiona and I have returned to the quiet  of "the mountain" after a fews weeks overseas for work, relaxation and inspiration.

During the trip I kept my eye out for bits that I might include in small assemblages including Artisan Lamps. Because of luggage weight restrictions there was little that I could collect. However, from two "flea" markets in Krakow I managed to gather a small collection of antique ceramic and metal screw globe light fittings as you can see from the photos below.

©2017 Barry Smith - Antique ceramic and metal light fitting 
©2017 Barry Smith - A small collection of antique ceramic and metal light fitting 
©2017 Barry Smith - Some ceramic elements of antique light fitting 
©2017 Barry Smith - Components of an antique ceramic and metal light fitting 
©2017 Barry Smith - Antique ceramic and metal light fitting 
I could have purchased many other light fittings but many were either cracked and/or had essential parts missing. Even with the ones I purchased there is quite a bit of work to be done to ensure they are functional and safe to use in Artisan Lamps.

This little collection is a good reminder of our time spent in the city of Krakow - a city that at times has had such a tough and dark history; and yet today is a city that was generous to us, thrives and has a vibrant light art soul.


5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great trip. And could bring home some unique souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous finds..
    Good size too for collecting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were missed while you were gone ... glad to see the treasures you found along the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barry I wondered why the were no posts of late.
    Some interesting pieces you brought home to work on.
    Tyrone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi R/K, C, LA & T - thanks for checking out the blog post, leaving comments and welcoming me back. K - so much stuff I could have collected. C - as you know one just has to go will light and small. LA - thanks for your comment re missing. T - I should be back on schedule now. All - go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.