Sunday, October 28, 2018

A bunch of leaf form spoons

©2018 Barry Smith - Rust and recycled silver-plate
I didn't get as much time to work on product over the weekend as I planned. It turned out that Fiona and I needed to put a bit of time into taking our wooden letterbox apart and replacing it with a firmer cement one as we found on Friday that wood rot had taken over the one that sat there for 10 years.

Anyway I did manage to get 14 Leaf Tea Caddy Spoons completed. A few process photos follow.

©2018 Barry Smith
©2018 Barry Smith
©2018 Barry Smith
©2018 Barry Smith
©2018 Barry Smith
They need a final polish; and some swing tags attached before they can go to market. Hmmm!! That means I need to call on our resident calligrapher to do some swing tags for me. I need to break that to Fiona gently.

©2018 Barry Smith - Almost totally trashed brass polishing wheel on a rusted rectangular washer

4 comments:

  1. I looked to see how many hammers I could espy ... and thereby spotted your nifty bowl-forming tool (I'm assuming)

    And that last photo printed and strung would make a great Halloween mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love seeing how you make your beautiful spoons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LA & MC - thanks for checking the work out and leaving a comment. With all the travel etc lately I have not been very good on the thanking folk or the reciprocity - but I'm back on to it. LA - so did you count 4 hammers? The bowl forming tool is used in a hydraulic press with a steel form - I have mastered the technique of not wrecking the blank form - as you say a nifty bit of gear. MC - seeing art process is good. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.