Sunday, July 5, 2020

Creative relaxation

©2020 Barry Smith - Cupped circles within a square frames
I did quite a lot of letterpress printing over the weekend - but that is for another blog. By way of a change I spent the morning on Saturday making some earrings based on circles - some folk prefer things in the round.

This was opportunity to use smaller flat pieces of silver-plated copper and brass. The circles of metal were punched using a disc cutting tool, the anvil and a very heavy copper hammer.

©2020 Barry Smith - Punched silver-plate
©2020 Barry Smith 
©2020 Barry Smith - Pieces selected, matched and drilled for jump-rings
I cut, ground and polished enough pieces to make 8 pairs of earrings.

©2020 Barry Smith - Pieces ready for assembly
I only got time to assemble 4 pairs - the pair at the start and the three below.

©2020 Barry Smith 
©2020 Barry Smith 
©2020 Barry Smith 
A gentle and relaxing process.


3 comments:

  1. Love those first ear rings. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your reworking of the old silver plate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi P and MC - thanks for your blog visit and comment - I appreciate the time that takes - I get so far behind. P - good that the pieces come together well at times. MC - I like how I'm able to keep and use interesting smaller pieces of the silver-plate. Stay well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.