Wednesday, June 9, 2021

A surprising morning after all

 

We woke in the dark and drizzle today with a strong wind blowing. I said to Fiona that a walk might not be on the agenda. I indicated I would re-evaluate after I had done my exercise routine. The photo above indicates what I would have missed; and the photos below below show my initial reason for pessimism.


But then the drizzle stopped and the dark gave way to grey morning light with many fragments of drizzle drenched blossoms.



A small star like succulent blossom - never seen one of these before.


And G's drizzle drenched orchids  - including a couple of new ones in the orchid house.






So it was a joyful and surprising morning after all. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "drizzle drenched" has a lovely ring to it ... our recent yardwork efforts have included a bit of drizzle drenching ... unfortunately, high humidity + still air = tough going

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even when your mornings are grey, your beautiful posts brighten mine. So enjoy them-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of flowers with rain drops. Tyrone

    ReplyDelete
  5. P, LA, J and T - this was a yummy post - I'm glad you enjoyed it and left comments - thanks for your comments and appreciation. LA - I might become a bit poetic yet!!! Yard work in heat and high humidity is definitely not fun - though you really are reaping the benefits your blog photos indicate. J - you comment brings me joy. T - thanks. All - may we all find fragments of beauty to lift us each day. B


    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.