Friday, July 19, 2024

Bits and pieces

 


Over the last week I have done quite a few bits and pieces  - marking off the to do list before heading off to Scotland - including filing new edges on my stone carving chisels - above.  You might recall that in August-September last year I indicated that I had wrecked most of my stone carving tools attempting to hand carve stone cottages for the exhibition at Strathnaver Museum. The photo below shows the typical damage done. Though I tried different mechanical ways to create new edges and sharpen the chisels, the thing that worked best was a small diamond file.


I melted pewter to increase my ingot stock.


Finished making product for a market in Scotland



Made some timber forms for vase carving.


Serviced and attached a small antique vise to the work bench


And made some birth-name leaves .


As I have said in the past - art can involve many tasks.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.