Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Metal pages

The pressure is on to get the artists’ book completed in the next few days. Fortunately straining a few muscles in my back has meant that I can’t get outside and haul gravel and do other landscaping jobs on the block – so the art work for Mackay and COMA have got a bit of a move along.

I finished the metal pages for my artists' book today – I think the shape and some of the patina looks great. The poem I am using is stamped on the pages – takes quite a long time and accuracy to get the words into the metal so to speak - but I like the combination of the three dimensional work and the written word.

1 comment:

  1. Barry these look fascinating - the different colours and the shapes - looking forward to seeing the final piece in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.