Saturday, March 6, 2010

The frustration of rain

In my last blog I mentioned that we were in the midst of the blue – blue for rain. Well it has just kept going - I think we are over it just for now.

Over the last week I have been trying to get outside to cut up my rusted fireplace.


As you can see from the photo above I have roughly sketched a series of 4 folded (90 degree) triangles I want to cut out of the fireplace to form a garden sculpture where three triangles are step out from the biggest (about 1.5m tall with the two sides of about .75m). The fourth folded triangle faces towards the other three creating a square negative space out the front. This last folded triangle will only be about .5m tall. I imagine the whole piece will sit on a bed of white or bone gravel.


But you can see from the above photos I took of the fireplace from the western deck the rain keeps coming down and there will be no cutting for quite a while. The photo shows how the rain is sheeting down at an angle.

I have managed to get down into the garage and start modifying the bowls that will become the tri-bowl garden font. Hmmm!! Seem to have a 3 thing going at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.